The purpose of the Alameda County Dental Society Foundation shall be to improve the dental health of the children of Oakland, Emeryville and Alameda who would not otherwise have access to dental health care because of family limitations and to assist the dental health needs of other selected populations. The Foundation was established in 1999 and is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit charity arm of the Alameda County Dental Society. The Foundation provides dental services to those who otherwise would not be able to afford treatment. Funds raised will be used to support local clinics that provide sedation dentistry. The Foundation will also aid and promote the general health of the public through education.
Projects of the Foundation Include:
- Sedation Dentistry Project
- Family Education on Proper Oral Hygiene
- Crowns for Kids
- Engaging People in Preventative Dental Care
The Foundation Funds can assist with sedation services at $250 per child. We are efficient with our resources and get extensive dental treatment done with our dollars spent.
99% of your contribution goes directly to the children needing sedation.
- Support Family Education
- Promote Accessible Dental Services
- Give back! It's the right thing to do.
Donate by Check:
Check enclosed payable to: Alameda County Dental Society Foundation
Please mail check to: 1540 River Park Dr. Suite 211 Sacramento, CA 95815-4608
We encourage all ACDS members to become annual donors! A donation as low as $100 will allow us to offer 3x that dollar amount of dental care.
Crowns for Kids
The ACDS Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce a partnership with Star Dental Refining and the Sacramento District Dental Society Foundation to bring the Crowns for Kids donation program to Alameda!
The Crowns for Kids Program was started in 2006 by the Sacramento District Dental Society (SDDS) and has been an extremely successful fundraiser for their Foundation raising almost $400,000 since 2006. ACDS has over 300 member dentists and we encourage your office to participate in the program by donating your scrap to help benefit the ACDS Foundation programs!
How does it work?
- Once you sign up, a donation jar with a zip-lock bag and pre-stamp return envelope will be sent to your office.
- Once the jar is full (or you are ready to send it in), dump the scrap from the jar into the zip-lock bag, place in the pre-stamped envelope and mail to the ACDS office.
- Don't want to donate ALL of your scrap? There is an option on the form to donate only a portion of the scrap to the Foundation, with the remaining portion sent to your office.
All donations are tax deductible!
You will receive a charitable tax donation summary with the total amount of scrap donated to the ACDS Foundation.
Funds raised from the Crowns for Kids Program help support the Foundation programs including the Committee Outreach Committee and Sedation Dentistry Project